Thursday, April 28, 2011

Get ready to stretch

I love to be comfortable. Lounging on the couch with a good book is one of the most relaxing things in the world to me. I don't think this is wrong and resting and sitting down for a while is great. I do wonder about my comfort and contentment. I can be content and not be comfortable. Take a marathon runner for example. When they are running are they comfortable? I don't think so. They get hot, tired, sore, exhausted even but ask them if they are content and most if not all would say yes. A labor and delivery nurse works on her feet for 12 hour shifts, exhaustion is common and so is dealing in high stress but are they content? I know most are. They are doing something they love and are passionate about. What am I passionate about? Am I content? Do I really want to stretch and grow? I say yes but then I start the stretching and it is hard work and I want to stop. I have no desire to run a marathon, I get tired just watching someone else do it. I do know that it feels great when I have exercised and reached a goal however. So what is holding me back now from moving from comfortable to stretching? Fear and doubt! Every time I think it is time to go forward, someone says don't. Godly people say "are you crazy?" "you don't have a plan" "God doesn't expect you to just go, does He?" I start to question and worry. I don't see a clear path, OK I don't see any path right now. Maybe we have gotten ahead of God. I hope and pray not. Our hearts are right, we want to go and serve. We are ready to move forward and yet no door seems to be opening for us. I can tell you I am definitely stretching now and it is uncomfortable. I am waiting for a miracle to happen. I know God can do anything. I pray He shows us His plan quickly, even if it isn't what I thought it would be. I can't just sit on the couch any longer, it is time to move forward...somewhere.

No comments: