Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 the end is in sight

Today is the last day of 2008. I don't want to be depressing but I for one am glad it is over. I thought that 2007 was hard (and it was VERY) but 2008 was also painful. Maybe I just need to focus on God more. I do know that 2008 was a year of changes and a lot of healing. This is something that Carrie and I talked about a lot. I just didn't realize that I was going to have so much more to heal from. Every year shows me new things. I pray that I am learning from them. Carrie had shared with me that she was learning "not to waste the pain" I think this is good advice. Everything that I have gone through has taught me something, even when most of it was difficult. If I don't learn from it I may just have to go through something like it again. NO THANKS! I pray that I have learned and 2009 will be full of new growth but maybe less pain. This world will never be prefect (not even close) so I shouldn't be surprised by the pain it causes. God is merciful and graceous and I need to be very thankful. My family was sooo blessed for Christmas. We did nothing to deseve all that God provided and yet we had an abundance and was even able to let God use us to bless others as well. I pray that instead of "resolutions" I will try to be even more Christ like in 2009 and He would be able to use me for His glory what ever He sees fit for me to do. I pray that everyone has been blessed and that you will continue to seek God, He is the only source of true blessing. See you all in 2009, at least in my heart! Thanks for hanging in there with me. I thank God for all of you.

No comments: