Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Mosaics

I had the pleasure of going to see friends this weekend. I was busy almost constantly with different friends. I loved it, it was both comforting and healing. I went to dinner with some terrific friends Friday night. We have a lot in common, wives, mom's, our children are close in age, etc. We ate, talked, laughed and I got to talk about Jennifer. I needed it. Saturday morning I had brunch with another group of amazing ladies. They encouraged me, prayed for me and poured their wisdom into me. Their kids are mostly grown and out of the house, one has lost a child close in age to Jennifer. They ha e walked where I am walking, they survived and so will I. Saturday night I went to dinner with a great group of fellow educators. We used to work together and we laughed, talked about school and our education system, I talked about Jennifer and it felt good.  I also got some good one on one time with several friends over the weekend. I visited with families that Jennifer loved. I cried, I laughed and I did some healing. I started to realize that it takes all kinds of friend, family and situations to help me heal. I will never be the same, my life was shattered when Jennifer passed away. I do know though that I will heal. I look at my life as a mosaic, I had a beautiful life and family, I broke into a thousand pieces but all these wonderful people are helping me to become something just as beautiful. It will look different, it will take time, it might even be used differently, but it will be beautiful. They are the glue God uses to help me. I am so thankful. I don't know what I will look like in the days, weeks and even years ahead but I know I have a lot of amazing people in my life that are helping me put the pieces back together, thanks to God. 

No comments: