Tuesday, September 16, 2008

my braces

Today Nathaniel and I got up way too early and went to Tucson to get my braces tightened. I always look forward to this ( I know I am not normal). I have wanted braces for as long as I can remember, don't ask why, I am not sure I know completly. My teeth were crooked but not that bad. I know a lot of teens who hide their braces. I guess one of the advantages to "getting" older is that I don't care. I still smile and I love picking out different colored bands every time. I have yellow and dark red on now, for Autumn. I must admit turning 40 a couple of years ago was a huge yuck for me, but I am more comfortable with being me and how I look. I think I always wanted braces because I was hoping I would be beautiful when they came off, like magic. I now realize I am beautiful with or without them. These last 2 years God has taught me a lot. One of the biggest being I am treasured by the God of everything. He not only loves me, but He is IN love with me! I am breathtakingly beautiful to Him. I wish we could all learn that especially when we are still young. I am certainly trying to teach that to Jennifer and I think she is getting it better than I ever did, praise God! You are all beautiful to the great I AM. please belive it!!

No comments: