Saturday, September 13, 2008

tent in the living room

Saturday's are a day my kids really look forward too. They can sleep in ( they don't) and we usually have pancakes, bacon , ect. not just cereal. Last night Paul put up the tent in the living room and all three of them "camped out". They enjoyed it so much we are letting them do it again. I don't think they are going to be happy when it comes down. I know however if they slept in it every night they would eventually get use to it and the excitement would wear off. That is how it is with most things. We start taking them for granted and don't see just how blessed we really are. I am like that with several things, my family especially Paul and our marriage. Why can't I remember more how it feels to see him when he first walks in the door, the excitement of going on dates. Comfortable isn't bad as long as I don't get lazy, and forget how blessed I am to have a man who loves God, our kids, and me.
Even more dangerous is losing my excitement about my Lord and Savior and ALL that he has done for me. If I stop and really think about it, it is the coolest thing ever. The God of everything, the great I AM, loves me( Goldie). He wants to spend time with me and I get to spend the rest of my life with Him, that is even better than a tent in the living room!

No comments: