Tuesday, September 9, 2008

was Moses "happy"

We have been living in Safford now for 9 months. It seems like a lot longer, at least most of the time. I have been praying that God would make us content in all our circumstances. I have noticed that is like praying for patience. He is just giving us "circumstances" to see if I will be content. I think I am failing. Then I have been praying and reading and God is showing me that I still am not grasping the difference between content and happy. I wonder if Moses was "happy" wandering around the wilderness with God's chosen people, having to go and plead before
God on their behalf. Moses would remind God that the children were HIS. They wandered 40 years, not Moses idea. Then Moses dosen't even get to enter the Promise Land; "happy"? probably not, "content" probably. He spent time with God and heard God speak. I think I could learn from that.

No comments: